Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Battle scars...and honey.

Stupid me, stupid stupid stupid. I went out to the bees this morning. I was too lazy to dress properly. Of course, I don't have those fancy shmancy bee suits - quite frankly, I find it idiotic to purchase those when you could just throw on some long sleeved shirt, and pants.



But me, I didn't even have those. See, I had just woken up, and was wearing some workout shorts and a spaghetti strapped tank top. Pair that up with some sandals (hastily thrown on) and a bee veil and that completed my "bee suit."

And I had not problems with it either, although I was stupid because everything was black. (Bee Rule: DON'T GO OUT TO THE HIVES IN DARK CLOTHES.) Could I have been anymore stupid?

But of course, the clothes didn't have that much of an affect when I did go out. It was my finger, my damn finger. One of the girls snagged me on the knuckle, and the poor thing was swollen for two days.

Couldn't even bend my finger.

I had to tough it out though, and stay with the hives to finish getting some honey. :)
We didn't end up taking a lot from this different hive, only going for one frame. But it gave us four jars, and it tastes wonderful. It's a lighter version of our old hive's bitter sweet honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment