Thursday, September 10, 2009

Reutrn of the bee keepers.

Yesterday I went out to the hives, the first excursion to the hives in a few months. Yes, it might seem like neglect, but honestly it's not! They can survive on their own just fine, just as they would in the wild. my mission was to cut down the weeds around the hives because they're out of control, growing like crazy. Anyways.....yeah, the weed whacking? Didn't go so well...The clippers sucked! But I did get a good peak at my girls! Tons of foragers were flying in and out and hovering around the hive entrances. My girls, hard at work. =]

I also went out another day, just to make sure that everything looked okay out there. As I was walking along the path to the hives, which have a large vegetation growth, I saw some of the bees pollinating the wildflowers. It was a truly beautiful scene. I was content to stay out there for hours. One of the girls got stuck in a spider web so I reached out and gently plucked her from it. Ah, they are such fascinating creatures...My girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment