Sunday, September 13, 2009

Perfection.

You know that saying that goes "Practice makes perfect"? Well, I don't like that saying because nothing is ultimately perfect, especially when it comes to my ability to cut perfect straight lines and angles in Culinary. My hand must be a tad bit mentally off because my Juliennes need a ton of work. And I mean A LOT. Chef D seemed to think so too because when I asked her for help she replied with a "oh yeah you do." She then proceeded to throw my cuttings in the trash bucket and made me tart over, which I didn't object to at all because they were indeed utter failures for Juliennes. In fact, I remember myself laughing when she threw it out, not in the least offended. I mean, I'd rather have a teacher like her that will let me know straight up if something I do is wrong instead of a teacher who sugar coats my mistakes.
Since I'm left handed Chef D thought that Chef Morris would be better at helping me, and she did. By the end I got a "not too shabby." But still, I've been practicing at home and it wasn't pretty....

No comments:

Post a Comment