Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ant Control


Today, after swimming at the Y with my brother and sisters, I came home and decided to water my tomato plants, which I've recently planted in the ground. As I go out I see this giant ant pile right next to one of the plants. One of my plants was completely covered in dirt from the ant pile.
I wonder if that could become a problem, and so I go inside and look it up online. This other person had the same problem as me and got advice saying to drown the ants out.

I did that. It back fired. The ants are now moving on to the other plants because I demolished their old home with water.

I'm going to wait to see what happens tomorrow and if I see that the ants have taken over my other plants, I will put them back into pots and wait until I can get a new location for them.

Maybe I could build some raised beds that I've been dying for?? I was out searching for a fly mask that my horse lost, and in the neighbor's yard I saw that she had some raised beds... Unfair, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment