Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Books, Book, and more Books

Massive book sale for the library a few weeks ago. Me and Ashley stayed in line for an hour, since 8 a.m. Everyone was crowded into this small warehouse, shouting and pushing at anyone in their way. Tensions flared. It was awesome.



I purchased many great books.


  • A new cook book about soups and stocks. Yay! Now we can make all kinds of soups, from chilled avocado to orange puree soup. (The orange soup is actually a recipe, although it seems a bit odd. Never had orange soup before, never even knew it was possible to make. You learn something new every day.)

  • A lick Of Frost - The continuation of the NEVER ENDING Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K Hamilton. Haven't started it yet but I know it will be good. Anyone who wants to read it be warned that it's mature. (Shh, don't tell my mom. Haha, just kidding!)

  • Cold Mountain. I saw the movie when I was seven, and I never even knew it was a book until I happened upon it in my search.

  • Interview with a Vampire. We were also going to get Queen of the Damned but we ran out of money.

  • Sweep.

  • Herbal Almanac. Even though it's the 2004 addition, it looked so interesting and there was nothing else in the section of gardening that looked good. I had to get it.

  • Volume one of manga series Fruits Basket, which is still somewhere in Ashley's car.

  • And last, but definitely not least, Dances With Wolves. It was unbelievably amazing and better than the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment